Related qualifications acquired in province - Yukon


A degree or diploma in the Health and Social Sciences fields or a Bachelor of Education will be considered for equivalency for a Child Care Worker Level III. Applicants must first successfully complete a 45-hour early childhood development course. Applicants can then apply, along with all transcripts, for Level III Child Care Worker designation.

If an applicant is granted a Child Care Worker Level III designation, there will be a requirement that an additional Early Childhood Development course be completed within a year and each year thereafter. Certification is granted on a yearly basis and includes an expiration date. All child care workers must then re-apply for their Child Care Worker designation and provide proof of successful completion of ECD/ECE coursework. If the requirements have been met, certification will be granted for another year. It is strongly recommended that the third or fourth Early Childhood Development course completed be a field placement course.