Requirements to work in regulated family child care - Ontario

There are no educational or registration requirements for regulated family child care providers; however, many agencies provide training.

Home visitors (home child care advisors) in family child care agencies are required to have completed a post-secondary program of studies in child development and family studies.  They must also have at least two years of experience working with children who are at the same age and developmental levels as the children enrolled with the agency and must be approved by a Director.  Home visitors with an ECE credential who wish to use the title of Early Childhood Educator must register with the College of Early Childhood Educators.