Requirements to work in regulated family child care - Alberta


There are no certification requirements for providers working under an approved family day home agency.  However, providers must complete a first-aid course and have a criminal records check, including a vulnerable sector search, together with other requirements in accordance to the Family Day Home Standards Manual

Family day home agencies must offer provider training in specific program elements and develop individual training plans based on those elements. These plans must address all areas that relate to the children and families they serve, and take into account any previous training providers have received. 

The licence holder and each additional provider in a group family child care home must be certified at minimum as a Child Development Assistant.  By September 1, 2012, the licence holder or an additional care provider must be certified at minimum as a Child Development Worker.